Posted on December 14th, 2013
Overall Course Rating 4.54 /5
Course Rating 4.44 /5 (not including instructor)
Instructor Rating 5 /5
100% YES All participating students recommended the course
Kirk Fossheim – Lead Gas Plant Operator – Edson – Talisman Energy
1. The interaction between the owners/operators and the contractors allowed for balanced discussions and exchange of “best practices” and shortcomings that one side sees that may be overlooked by the other group.
John Woodman & Steven Brightey – Business Development and Operations Superintendent – United Safety Ltd.
- The practical day to day stories and case studies gave me insight into my client’s world.
- The technical manual is well written and easy to understand
- The presentation was very professional and the instructor was very knowledgeable
- The manner in which John explained all points & his enthusiasm was infectious along with the network possibilities
John Iwanyshyn – Maintenance Coordinator – UMICORE
- Lots of ideas from different types of plants and a good mix of owners and contractors
- Post completed flip charts on the wall so people can copy them
Trevor Desrosiers – Ops & Plant Maintenance Foreman – Edson – Talisman Energy
- Very detailed explanation of a topic that is not well understood or trained to in the past
- Increase the group size to include more people from different plants
- The best slide is the front cover of the technical manual with everyone around the table
Larry George – Superintendent and Business Development – Bruce Steel Erectors
- I liked the open discussion, class participation and the presentation
- To improve the course is to do in class of development of more support plans
- The slide I liked the best was the support plans
Gordon Canning – Quality Assurance Manager (Canada) – KBR
- Class participation was excellent with good interaction and networking
- The instructor was knowledgeable with a solid technical manual for planning an outage
- Good examples with an excellent checklist
- Strong Management Philosophy with a strong focus on advanced planning.
Robin Campeau – STO Coordinator – Horton CBI
- The interaction between owner and contractor was very beneficial.
- Favourite slide was the “wrench time efficiency: